Re: Quiet Request

------------------- Peter Kurilecz spake thusly---------------------

Do you receive the digest version of the list? If so when replying to a
message found in the digest do not REPEAT do not automatically hit the reply
key.

whyyyyyyyyyyy? you ask. Well because the entire yes ENTIRE digest is sent
back to the list. And thus I will see it again in the morning. AAAAGh!
<snip>

---------------------------------reply---------------------------

Actually, the problem is not hitting the reply button. In fact, I hit reply
to a digest to respond to this message.  Rather the problem is the replier
not cutting out the bits that are not relevant to the discussion they are
responding to.

This is equally a valid thing to do even when responding to an inividual
message - Most people dont need mulitple copies of the message footer in
each email (some cant even read one copy, but that is another story), as
well as the complete history of the thread way back to when Adam was a boy.

To put this another way, you wouldnt keep multiple copies of the same
material in your collections, so why contribute to multiple copies in your
inbox

John "Its the anniversary of my birth, and I can be grumpy if I want to"
Lovejoy
johnl@naa.gov.au
My own views, not my employers