Re: Computer Museum, DEC, etc.

Actually, the Computer Museum History Center does collect computer artifacts.
It's apparently going through some changes, but the DEC Museum Collection of
computer artifacts was donated to it in 2000 by Compaq.    Check out the history
center's web pages....
http://www.computerhistory.org/

"It is home to one of the largest collections of
             computing artifacts in the world, a
             collection comprising over 3,000
             artifacts, 2,000 films and
             videotapes, 5,000 photographs,
             2,000 linear feet of cataloged
             documentation and gigabytes of
             software. The collection is housed
             in a visible storage building in
             Mountain View, California, in the
             heart of Silicon Valley.

Dag Spicer used to be the archivist/curator there, but I'm not sure he's still
there.

While I'm on the subject of DEC, does anyone know what Compaq is going to do
with DEC's Archives?  It was a very large collection held by
Compaq.  I'd sure hate to see it get lost in the HP takeover/merger/whatever.

Lesley W. Brunet, CA