Re: Business proposal--yet another scam

This sounds like a high-tech variation on scams that have been going on for over 100 years for certain common names, coincidentally, among others, Edwards heirs! One of them has to do with land in Manhattan that Trinity Church stands on that was supposedly never transferred properly (see http://www.ancestry.com/library/view/ancmag/2602.asp  for a story about one group of scammers for this) and is actually owned by heirs of a man named Edwards-- or is it owned by heirs of Anneke Jans Bogardus? http://www.freelabs.com/~whitis/clan/bogardus/

I thought that Trinity Church had something on their web site about this, but can't locate it.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Information Services Librarian

The Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(845) 451-1322
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> Carol A Edwards <cedwards@USGS.GOV> 04/30/02 09:53AM >>>
Dear colleagues:

I regularly (though thankfully not frequently!!) receive via email
variations on the
Nigerian scam, including what I think is a new (to me, anyway) incarnation:
family named Edwards killed in automobile accident in Africa,
lawyer/solicitor
trying to locate relatives so the deceased family's $6 million dollar
estate can be
settled, etc. etc. .... I also received the same message intended for "Tim
Edwards",
I'm assuming the result of some sort of "wild card" email address.
Ever onwards (no, I haven't lost any relatives in a car accident in Africa)
-
Carol

Carol A. Edwards
USGS Field Records Library