From:   Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer [mailto:c_crawfo@CULINARY.EDU]
Sent:   Tuesday, April 30, 2002 11:06 AM
To:     ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject:        Re: Business proposal--yet another scam

This sounds like a high-tech variation on scams that have been going on for
over 100 years for certain common names, coincidentally, among others,
Edwards heirs! One of them has to do with land in Manhattan that Trinity
Church stands on that was supposedly never transferred properly (see
http://www.ancestry.com/library/view/ancmag/2602.asp  for a story about one
group of scammers for this) and is actually owned by heirs of a man named
Edwards-- or is it owned by heirs of Anneke Jans Bogardus?
http://www.freelabs.com/~whitis/clan/bogardus/

I thought that Trinity Church had something on their web site about this,
but can't locate it.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Information Services Librarian

The Culinary Institute of America