Re: UV Light Filtration.

The thick UV sleeves are polyester which supposedly resists
the kind of treatment you describe.   I can't help but wonder
if you had an overheated ballast in that particular fixture, or
whether there was a gap between the light and electrical
connection that allowed the sleeve to come into contact with
the connection.     Our sleeves have a cap on the end that fits
over the sleeve and bulb allowing the connectors to stick out
for plugging in the socket.

Dean

Dean DeBolt
University Librarian
Special Collections and West Florida Archives
John C. Pace Library
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
Tele:  850-474-2213;   Fax:  850-474-3338