Interesting archival web site

I had an interesting web site brought to my attention recently.

http://leprosyhistory.wuhmo.ox.ac.uk/english/englishhome.htm

It is a database of information on the history of leprosy which can be
found a a variety of archives and manuscript collections.  The purpose
behind the site is to make information on the disease more easily
available for those working on a cure.

Besides being an interesting example of the use of archival materials,
the site has other material of value to archivists.  One part of the site is
intended for organizations that have files relevant to the history of the
diseases.  It explains why archives are valuable and makes
suggestions as to such organizations can maintain a simple archives.
This kind of primer would be a good model to archivists trying to
educate other publics into the hows and whys of archival preservation.

Bob Shuster
BGC Archives