Date:    Thu, 2 May 2002 08:51:16 -0400
From:    "Sokolow, Daniel" <DSokolow@NSHS.EDU>
Subject: Re: too many emails

You can also set your email subscription to "Digest" mode.  You'd get only a
few emails per day, with subject headings at the top of each email.  You'd
probably get 1 dozen a day instead of several dozen, and you could scan the
headers for anything of interest, & skip the rest.

I _believe_ (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) that you can set to digest by
sending an email to:

listserv@listserv.muohio.edu

with "Set archives digest" (leave out the quotes) in the body of the email.
You can also go to the weblink someone else mentioned and change your
settings there.