Re: Public Libraries and Copies

Jim,

Here at the Oregon State University Archives, we have a newly created form we use for charging copies.  When we became part of the Libraries System about 19 months ago, we used theirs, but had to cross out different items, plus it had more information on it than what we needed.  We do not make as many sizes and types of copies at the main library does.  So I followed their model and came up with the following:

University Archives

Name (please print):______________________________________________ Phone: _______________________

Name on Account:________________________ Account #__________________________________

Department:_____________________________ Signature:_________________________________________

B+W COPIES

______ self-serve copies...@$.10 ______ 8½x14 ...@$.25

______ 8½x11...@$.25 ______ 11x17...@$.50

Office Use Only ID Card Verification ______ Staff Initials ______ # of Copies ________ Total Cost: $____________

------------------------------------

In copying the form into this email, it lost some of its formatting, but you get the idea.

As you can see, we charge 25 cents per page for coies that we make ourselves.  We do have a microfilm/microfiche reader/printer that patrons can operate themselves, and we only charge 10 cents per copy on that, since their is no labor involved on our part for those copies.  These  prices are in compliance with the rest of the university Libraries charge for copies.

Janet Wendt

Janet M. Wendt, C.A.
Staff Archivist, University Archives
Oregon State University