Re: St. Lawrence, patron of archivists

On Sun, 5 May 2002 04:04:24 -0400, Bradley A. Scott <brscott@NMU.EDU> wrote:

>At 12:00 AM 5/4/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>>St. Lawrence, patron of archivists
>
>According to the New Catholic Encyclopedia, he was martyred in about 258
>AD.  He was the record-keeper for the Christian church in Rome at that
>time, and when the Attorney General ... er, I mean, the Emperor Valerian

>As a result, according to legend, the emperor had him roasted to death on a
>metal grill.  Present day librarians and archivists can at least be
>thankful that our Department of Justice is somewhat less literal about
>"grilling" people.

>Bradley A. Scott
>Northern Michigan University

And thank goodness we have such fair-minded folks as Daschle, Leahy,
Kennedy et al sitting in judgment on the Judiciary and other Senatorial
panels saving us from the dastardly, machinations of the Shrubbites. Oh How
I look forward to the return of the law-abiding Democratic party to the
White House.

NOT!

Peterk
pakurilecz@aol.com