From: Joy Kingsolver [mailto:jkingsolver@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2002 3:35 PM
To: Baird, Cathleen D
Subject: Re: Digital voice recorders for oral history interviews

Cathleen,

We haven't started investigating this yet, but we're definitely

going to do so. For us it offers some exciting possibilities,

assuming the technology is able to do what it promises. Professional

transcribers around here charge $100 per hour of tape, and we

have to spend a lot of time making corrections, since the transcriber

is not familiar with the details of Chicago Jewish history. So I'm

very excited about what you're saying. Can you tell me who makes

this equipment & software? Have you been able to try it out?

I'd be happy to exchange information as we investigate.

Thank you,

Joy Kingsolver

Chicago Jewish Archives