Re: Q: Why do you need space... everything is online now...

I would think another important thing to point out is how your library is
involved in the instructional programs of the university either in formal or
informal teaching.  Course groups meet in library spaces; instructors do
bring
students to the library to learn how to use databases and other information
tools...students themselves sign up for
training programs the library offers on a number of topics. Where or how
would these instructional events take place if
library space weren't available?  Unless your campus is wired for extensive
chat rooms for problem solving, the library as
a learning lab may be the most cost effective means for students to gain
those "on-line" skills needed to succeed in an
online world.

Student surveys on our campus indicate one of the most important needs is
quite study space...the library addresses that need better than most campus
facilities.  Maybe you have similar data you can point to.

My 2 cents.   Bonnie Travers