Archives and Star Wars

I saw the new Star Wars movie last night.  It was interesting to see the
mention of Archives and files.  What was disheartening was that even
with all of the sophisticated technological advancements that are in use
for travel and communications  records are still being lost.

The rather stern looking archives librarian (what a stereotype) seemed
very confident when she said "if is is not in the Archives then is does
not exist".  Turns out she was wrong, somebody erased the file.  I guess
they did not back up their information.

We have a big job ahead of ourselves. Or should I say I need to separate
life from fiction.

Rob Drapeau