OT - Wired beer glasses (was re:NOT A JOKE)

Title: NOT A JOKE: Wireless 'Smart Glass' Knows When You Need a Drink
Shall I assume that this will just give obnoxious wait staff at some of the pricier feeding troughs one more way to ignore customers?  Half the time I think these wireless gimmicks are just a waste of time, but this one has some real practical value.

Reminds me of the time my wife went to a restaurant in NYC and, after 20 mins of trying, had to get up and walk across the entire place to get a waitresses' (Excuse me - food service consultant) attention to get more water.  Ignoring that she was quite pregnant at the time, the young lady was polite enough to ask why she needed water - was the food too spicy?

Daniel (putting the service back in service industry ) Sokolow

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021
mailto:dsokolow@nshs.edu