long-winded liability question

Title: Message
Considering myself new to this profession, I have a question. We have a former archivist who is interested in processing collections to help bring down the huge back log we have at this academic medical institution. While we (me, the other archivist and library director) think this might be a good idea because she is trained and used to work here, we do have a question.

First, space is at a premium here and the archivist would like to take part of some collections home to process them since the space she does have is small and being shared with a librarian.

Second, the specific collection we have in mind for her to process was donated with no restrictions to the Archives and the creators' literary rights were transfered to the Archives with no restrictions. Both the creators, husband and wife team, have died.
What is the liability, if any, is there in her taking papers home to process them?

Thanks in advance,
Dianne