Being poor

I cannot stand it when someone tells me to pick
another profession because the pay is low. Why should
I be penalized because I wanted to be an archivist?
Many archivists have Masters degrees, and they should
be rewarded for taking out the time to be educated
about the archives profession. This goes the same for
librarians. I am a librarian, but I volunteer for an
archives. I thought the pay was low for librarians,
but I think it can be lower for archivists! This is
ridiculous!

Debra Cernieux
Reference Librarian
East Hampton, NY