vacuum sealing of books

 a fellow worker has some very old books she is trying to preserve and
store in a storage unit until  she can move and put them at shelves in her
home. She was wondering if usng a vacuum sealer (such as they sell for
sealing foodstuff at home) would work. Does anyone on the list have advice
for this situation?  She asked me and I don't know enough about this
subject to offer advice--I deal with mostly old and current project records
which are kept available at all times and I have no reason to seal anything
for any period of time  The books have had silverfish but she thinks she
has them out of the books and under control at this point.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Audrey Trauner