Candy Preservation

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions regarding our struggles
with the Curious George fruit snacks.  After consideration, we have accepted
the impossibility of preserving foodstuffs in an archival environment and agree
to take the advice of a contributor and DUMP THE FOOD!

We still want to record the appearance of the fruit snacks because they are
molded into the shapes of Curious George and the Man with the Yellow Hat.
Therefore, we have decided to retain the packaging and simply photograph the
snacks.

Again, thanks for your input,

Hans Rasmussen and Cheri Alder
deGrummond Children's Literature Collection
University of Southern Mississippi
Hattiesburg, MS