From: Friedman-Shedlov, Lara [mailto:lara.friedman-shedlov@MNHS.ORG]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 9:55 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: OT: coke with sugar

Supposedly Coke is made with cane sugar in Europe as well, but in all these
places (Mexico, Europe) the *flavor* is also different.  Apparently, Coke
makes slightly different formulations to fit the tastes of different parts
of the world.  I know that Coke I drank in the UK and in Israel certainly
did not taste the same as in the US, so whether or not it had cane sugar or
corn syrup was kind of a moot point.

Not sure about whether Canadian Coke is the same flavor as that of the U.S.

--Lara Friedman-Shedlov

Lara Friedman-Shedlov
lara.friedman-shedlov@mnhs.org
Minnesota Historical Society

Coke in Mexico is IIRC correctly also made with pure cane sugar.

Peterk