From: Charles Schultz [mailto:CSCHULTZ@LIB-GW.TAMU.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 10:52 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: 12 Steps for E-Mail Addicts

The June 10, 2002 issue of Time  has a short article on this topic on
page 71.  In light of the recent discussion on low paying jobs and
particularly the one at Georgia State, I thought Step 4 is particularly
pertinent:  "If an e-mail thread has gone back and forth three times, it
is time to pick up the phone." The others are also interesting, but I
will not repeat them here.  Author Chris Taylor wrote that his 12 steps
are an alternative to the e-mail recovery program created by Perry
Crowell and Larry Conrad of Florida State University in 1997.

Dr. Charles R. Schultz, CA, SAA Fellow
Clements Professor and Clements Archivist
Cushing Library
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX  77843-5000
c-schultz@tamu.edu
979-862-1555
FAX 979-845-1441

State-of-the-art automation will never beat the wastebasket
when it comes to speeding up efficiency in the office.
Ann Landers Gem of the Day, July 27, 1994