Re: What is a good archivist's resume???

Charles, Leslie, and Lee all had great tips on the resume/vita thing, but as
usual, I have to throw in my 25 cents  (it used to be two cents, but it's
really expensive to live out here these days...)

One of the more important factors in applying for the job is the COVER
LETTER!  Your resume can say you walk on water, but unless you address each
one of the "required" and the "preferred" sections of the job ad in your
cover letter, the committee is going to toss your application in the pile of
rejects on the first screening.

Using a committee to screen applicants is a favorite option of acadmemic
institutions where the hiring process moves with the same glacial speed of
most other activities.  Remember that when the three or four people are
sifting through the wheelbarrow load of applicants, they are checking off
all the things they have listed in the job description.  If you don't get a
check mark in every box that first time around, there ain't gonna be a
second round....

Kim (been on both sides of that fence) Scott