From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU] On
Behalf Of Dan Clinton
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 9:18 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: Detroit Public Library?

Contact the Burton Historical Collection

The Detroit Public Library

Burton Historical Collection
5201 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, Michigan 48202

Hours
Th, F, Sa: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tu, W: 12:00 - 8:00 pm

Phone: (313) 833-1480

Manager: David Poremba
E-mail: dporemba@detroit.lib.mi.us

BUT ALSO, I would think the FMC archives would be a better place to
start:

Ford Motor Company Archives
Schaefer Court - Suite 180
14441 Rotunda Drive
Dearborn, MI 48120

Contact:
Elizabeth Adkins, Manager of Archives Services
Darleen Flaherty, Assistant Corporate Archivist
Telephone: 313-845-0556
Fax: 313-248-4921
E-Mail: archives@ford.com

Type of Business: Automotive manufacturing

Hours of Service: M-F 8:00am-4:30pm

Conditions of Access: Access policy currently under review.

Holdings: 1903-current; bulk dates, 1950-1980

Total Volume: 7,000 cubic feet

correspondence and
international operations; large collection of executive speeches;
corporate
newspapers
and periodicals; hundreds of smaller collections on a wide assortment of
Ford Motor
Company activities/programs/buildings. In December 1964, a major
donation of
Ford
archival materials, along with 460,000 photos and negatives, was made to
the
Henry Ford
Museum Archives, Research Center, P.O. Box 1970, Dearborn, MI 48121,
Phone:
313-271-1620, ext. 650, Fax: 313-271-9621. The Museum holds the bulk of
the
early
Ford historical records, 1903-1950.

Also the library and archives of the Benson Ford Collection at the Henry
Ford Museum & Greenfield Village
http://www.hfmgv.org/collections/Collections/library.asp