Re: Historic Virginia tunnel

Thanks for the tip, Tara.  I will be bookmarking this site.

For fun, I looked for "Big Rock Candy Mountain"  and there it is, in Utah!

Robin Tew

From: Tara Calishain <calumet@MINDSPRING.COM>
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: Historic Virginia tunnel
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:39:37 -0400

At 11:28 AM 7/1/2002, Eric v.d. Luft, Ph.D., M.L.S. wrote:
Sharon asks:

> Isn't Afton Mountain area where the Walton's, of TV fame, lived? Were
the
> Walton's for real, or imaginary folk?

And where is Wolverton Mountain, where Clifton Flowers lived???    ;->

I don't know about Clifton Flowers, but Wolverton Mountain is in Arizona.

Remember, you can look up site names, including mountains, all over the
US at
http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnis/web_query.gnis_web_query_form .

That's today's ResearchBuzz friendly fun tip. :->

Tara