One question about publisher of Film Festival materials

Hello everybody,

Could you help me please to solve this problem:

I´m cataloguing some publicity film stills and many of them came from International Film Festivals.

Who is the publisher in that case: the Festival, the distributor or the producer, or even the production company?  What´s the role of the Festival in the publication of these materials, do they have the rights?

Thanks a lot for your time and help!  (And special greetings for Jeanette Berard).

Liliana María Melgar Estrada

Centro de Documentación en Cine y Arte

Biblioteca

Centro Colombo Americano-Medellín