Was RE: strange reference questions, now FF (WAY early)

There actually was once a King of Deer named Bud.  Bud's lifelong goal was
the pursuit of knowledge, and he spent many years studying and learning.

One day, a young buck showed up at the castle and challenged Bud to a battle
of wits for the kingdom.  The king naturally accepted, and the two went at
it on every subject, from philosophy to music.  The battle seesawed back and
forth for three days, until Bud emerged triumphant.

The strain of the contest proved too much, however, and the poor king died
the next day.  To commemorate the great battle that took his life, the other
deer came up with a fitting epitaph for their dead ruler:

(Wait for it...)

Bud's Wiser, King of Deers

(I will now consider myself smacked upside the head for this one)

DS

PS Apologies if it's not as funny as I thought it might be.  FWIW, The King
of Beers actually has a sizable history section on their website.  You have
to be 21 to get in, but their method of protection wouldn't stop a four year
old

Daniel Sokolow, Archives Coordinator
David Taylor Archives
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
155 Community Drive
Great Neck, NY 11021