Re: strange reference questions

Re Sharon Butcher's post re Kangaroo Butter, some years ago when a large
number of Hmong moved to Wisconsin, the case management workers had to
instruct their clients, most of whom were pre-literate, that while cans
with a picture of peas contained peas, and corn, corn; cans with a picture
of a dog did not contain a staple of their native diet.