Re: strange reference questions

oh my goodness. That King of the Bees thing was hilarious.  My best
reference desk question was a woman who called and barked with some
urgency, "I need to know the viscosity of honey and the name of Jane
Austen's sister!"  I never figured out what on earth that was about.

I can back up that Lewis and Clark comment--I've had somebody ask for
pictures of York.  Not paintings mind you but real pictures.  Of course, we
also had somebody once who thought Thomas Jefferson designed the Arch.
(well, our park is the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial)

Monticello would look so much cooler in stainless steel.

Jennifer Rawlings
Archivist
Jefferson National Expansion Memorial
St. Louis, MO