Re: strange reference questions

Lisa Moellering wrote:

> I'll add one more - this was my first library job and a woman came to the
> desk asking for a book of spells - she wanted to put a curse on her
> boyfriend.  She was also carrying two chicken feet wrapped in a paper
> towel - she explained this was part of the spell.  We weren't able to help
> her with that one.

Well, I don't see why not.   ;->
Seems like a simple enough request to me.   ;->

BTW, here's my all-time favorite curse:

A Curse Against the Thief Who Stole My Boat

May you take my boat out into the lake.
May it spring a leak and sink.
May you not know how to swim.
May you drown in the full sight of your mother who will run helplessly
     up and down the shore, barking for help.

Cheers!

Eric

--

Eric v.d. Luft, Ph.D., M.L.S.
Curator of Historical Collections, Health Sciences Library

"Be always sure you're right, then go ahead."
                                          -- Davy Crockett
                                [Autobiography, 1834, title page]