strange reference questions

First, my contributions:

Here at one of the largest labor archives in the country, we often
get the "Do you have anything on labor?" question. (Although, I must
explain that -- at least in my experience -- 80% of these requests
are called in to the Reading Room desk by other staff members
attempting to harass an innocent new hire.)

When I worked at the Austin Public Library, I was told of the woman
who came in looking for the Gettysburg address for her son who needed
it for a class. When presented with a slim bound copy of the address
in its entirety she objected, saying she only needed the address
(thinking, of course that it was a street address she was seeking).

I've also heard of institutions getting requests to have modern
objects carbon dated to determine their age.

Also:

Does anyone who wrote in object to their anecdote and name being
posted on a webpage? I thought I'd compile my favorites and slap up a
list. I will, of course, send the URL when I finish. (Email me
off-list if you don't want your story or name used.)

--
Jennifer Hecker, MLIS
Librarian/Archivist