Re: Cataloging Question

Originally APPM (if you're using APPM) laid out a prescribed order of notes;
APPM now says that notes may be put in any order, as long as you are
consistent.  This is the current order I am using, still based heavily on
the original APPM order:

530
533
535
545
520
546
506
540
555
500
524
544
581
580

I will probably migrate the 530, 533, and 535 notes somewhere below the 545
and 520 so the first notes the user sees are the biog./historical info and
the scope and contents note.  Take a look at the cataloging of repositories
with holdings similar to your own and see what they're doing, what works for
your cataloging needs, and the needs of your patrons, and go from there.
Good luck!

Sally Childs-Helton
Butler University