From: Tim Eckert [mailto:eckertt@CWU.EDU]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 12:25 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Diesel/Gasoline and Paper

We have had an arsonist try and start a courthouse fire using current court
case files soaked in gasoline and diesel fuel.  Fortunately, the person was
caught before setting the fire.  We now have hundreds of paper records
soaked in the combination of the two fuels. They have been removed from the
courthouse and set out to dry by the local sheriff. Has anyone had
experience with this combination of fuels. The files have not been
microfilmed and are permanent records. The courthouse in question is in
rural north central Washington State. Thanks for any help you can give us.