History of Recordkeeping Conference

Update on Proposed Working Conference on History of Records, Records
Keeping and Archives

In March of this year, we issued a call for expressions of interest
in participating in a working conference on the history of records,
records keeping and archives. The response to our initial call has
been most encouraging and we plan to go ahead with this conference,
which will take place in early October 2003 at the Faculty of
Information Studies, University of Toronto. At the moment we are
collating the responses we have received and will meet during the
annual meeting of the Society of American Archivists in August to
flesh out the arrangements, identify themes, and to draft a formal
call for papers. The formal call for papers will be announced at the
beginning of September 2002.

We would like to thank everyone who responded to the call for
expressions of interest and we look forward to seeing proposals for
papers.

The Ad Hoc Planning Committee
Barbara Craig
Philip Eppard
Heather MacNeil

Philip B. Eppard
Dean, School of Information Science and Policy
University at Albany, State University of New York
Phone: 518-442-5115    Fax: 518-442-5367