Re: Diesel/Gasoline and Paper

Tom Berry wrote: "Thank goodness s/he was stopped. As far as a solution
goes, I'd like to know
what you find out, as we have dozens of equipment repair manuals stained
with varying amounts of oil, grease and who-knows-what from when they were
consulted in the heat of battle. So far, photocopying has been my only
remedy."

I have never had to deal with this, but based on what cautions are posted
at gas stations, I would be hesitant to photocopy the papers for fear of
static electricity. Perhaps I'm paranoid. I wonder if there's a way to
photocopy them that would eliminate the static electricity? Maybe actually
photographing them would be an answer - in a wide open space with plenty of
ventilation. ;)

Interesting topic!
Bridgette
Bridgette A. Kelly, Archivist