Re: 1893 Columbian Exposition

Dear Dean,

Sounds like you've got a copy of

 The Dream city :  a portfolio of photographic views of the World's
Columbian exposition comprising its marvelous architectural, sculptural,
artistic, mechanical, agricultural, industrial, archaeological,
ethnological, historical and scenic attractions : also presenting and
describing the magnificent vistas, water-ways, natural scenery and
landscape effects all conveying authentic realistic impressions as received
by the actual visitor.
St. Louis, Mo. :  N.D. Thompson Publishing Co.,  c1893
1 v. (unpaged) :  ill. ;  29 x 35 cm.
Introduction by Halsey Cooley Ives

I doublechecked our copy, and although the binding does not match, the last
picture in ours is also Florida's Building.

Sincerely,
Alison

Alison Hinderliter -    hinderlitera@newberry.org
Project Archivist, Illinois Central Railroad Archives
The Newberry Library
60 W. Walton St.
Chicago, IL  60610-7324
(312) 255-3694