National Construction Estimator

A recent reference question led me to the "National Construction Estimator",
Craftsman Book Company, 6058 Corte del Cedro, P.O. Box 6500, Carlsbad, CA
92018.  This volume has all kinds of cost data for all sorts of construction
as well as demolition work. As an example, there are specific costs for
various demolitions, e.g., partition wall, ceiling, roof, cutting openings
in frame walls, floor covering demolition (using either hand tools or using
pneumatic jackhammers), etc.   Breakdowns include hours, units (sq ft or
linear foot, etc.), material, labor, equipment, then total cost.   I recall
having recommended Means publications before, but the above looks every bit
as good.  I would imagine very large academic engineering libraries would
have, as this is where I found this.

Keeping the world safe for democracy on a very cloudy (soon-to-rain, I hope)
day,

Sharon Lee Butcher
Reference Librarian
AEDC Technical Library