Archivists in literature

Hello collegues,

You my be interested in knowing about a new mystery-thriller that just came out this month:  "Law of Gravity" by Stephen Horn (Harper -Collins). It partly involves a Justice Dept. investigator tracing the background of a Hungarian WW II refugee. There are a few pages which take place chez moi at the YIVO Institute and also at NARA (both named). It was "real cool" having the author spend time with me seeing what an Archives (and an Archivist) look like, visiting the stacks and the Reading Room and my showing him how a researcher would go about looking for materials.

It is fast-paced with very real people and environments, crisp dialogue and quite exciting situations...coudn't put it down!

Gunnar M. Berg
Archivist
YIVO Institute of Jewish Research