Check out the FOI services of http://rcfp.org

Change your city public library bureaucracy. Improve the
 organizational culture of your cities' public libraries. Take steps
 for improved communications among the people of your city's public
 library varied ensconced territorialities.

Use your state freedom of information FOI public records and sunshine
 open public meetings remedies. Assert your rights of public access to
 legitimately public documentation of your institution.

Check out the FOI services of http://rcfp.org

ALA American Library Association and our Boston Public Library resist
 the principles of public access to legitimately public internal
 information contrary to the mission and mandate for our cities'
 public libraries. Ironically, private institutions disclose more
 internal information about themselves. The same requests for
 legitimately public internal information from Harvard Libraries get
 immediate responsive disclosure that our city public library delays
 or denies.

Reference Desks are generally misinformed or uninformed on matters
 of state and local FOI public records and sunshine open meetings.

Weblog guide to problematical library use
http://GuideToProblematicalLibraryUse.WebLogs.com/stories
http://zork.net/~dsaklad