Re: cleaning & digitization of lantern slides

When I was working on a glass plate negative collection at a previous job,
we used a soft disposable towel (don't know the name off hand, but it was
blue) or a Q-tip that was dampened with a weak alcohol and distillied water
solution to carefully clean the glass side only. The most we did on the
emulsion side was to use a small soft brush to gently dust it. I know
lantern slides are different, but perhaps this helps with the glass side.

Can't help you with the scanning part. We digitized the 8x10" print that
was made from the glass neg.

Good luck! :)
Bridgette Kelly
Bridgette A. Kelly, Archivist