Science, Technology, Health Care Roundtable at SAA

The Science, Technology, and Health Care (STHC) Roundtable will be meeting
at SAA on Saturday, August 24, from 8:00 to 9:30 a.m. The Roundtable
provides a forum for archivists with similar interests or holdings in the
natural, physical and social sciences, technology, and health care, and
provides an opportunity to exchange information, solve problems, and share
successes. We especially welcome STHC archivists from the Birmingham area,
as well as archivists who do not have a primary focus in these fields but
may have questions to ask or collection news to share.

The program for this year's meeting will be:
History of Medicine and Science Projects on the Web: Untangling Complex
Strands to Make Primary Resources Accessible
 Joan Echtenkamp Klein,University of Virginia Health Sciences Library
--  "Two Years and Over 5,000 Documents Later: The Philip S. Hench Walter
Reed Yellow Fever Collection Digitization Project"
 Gregory A. Pike and Jennifer Sullivan, History Associates Incorporated,
for the National Library of Medicine  --  "Building a Digital Archives: The
Makings of Profiles in Science"

The program will be followed by the Roundtable's business meeting,
including the election of a new co-chair.

We'll end with our usual "Roundtable Round Robin"  a forum for members to
pitch their collections and projects, or to bring up hot topics.

Note that we are currently seeking nominations for a co-chair to succeed
Russell Johnson. There are also some open slots on the Steering Committee
for the coming year. If you are interested in serving on the Steering
Committee, or would like to nominate someone (including yourself)
for  co-chair, please contact one of the current co-chairs, Lisa Mix or
Russell Johnson.

See you in Birmingham!

Lisa and Russell

Lisa A. Mix
Manager, Archives and Special Collections
Library and Center for Knowledge Management
University of California, San Francisco
530 Parnassus Avenue
San Francisco, CA  94122
tel: 415-514-3706