Re: Release of Info on "Terminally Inconvenienced" Persons

Okay, now hold on, folks.  HIPAA regulations were created to protect patient
privacy--that's your privacy, remember.  HIPAA  wasn't created to complicate the
lives of archivists or even the healthcare industry.  And frankly, down the
road, I don't want my medical records to be open to every Tom Dick and Harry
that comes into an archives.

I think this discussion has certainly proven the value of the listserv, and I
hope to read more about it, especially from those folks who are able to attend
the Birmingham meeting.

Lesley W. Brunet, CA
Historical Resources Center
Research Medical Library
The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Blvd., Box 99
Houston, Texas 77030-4009
713-792-8220
lwbrunet@mdanderson.org