Fire suppression / environmental conditions for tape formats

Hi,
I am currently designing a new archive for BBC Scotland to hold our on-site
tape collection, We believe that over the lifetime of the archive we will be
moving piece by piece to a tape less environment, therefore we want to
ensure that the design of the archive is suitable so that it can be turned
into a server room that will house Media servers for video and audio and a
later date.

With this in mind, I am curious to know if anyone has experience of using a
fire suppression system using inert gases in archives that could then be
using to suppress fires in a server room.

The following are the types of media that will need to be stored in the
archive:

1/4 inch audio tape
DAT
Mini Disc
Vinyl

Beta SP
Beat SX
Digi-Beta
DV
DVCam
DVPro

CD
DVD
Video-Disc

Paper Documents

I intend to ensure that all of these are stored at 17 +/- 2 degrees
centigrade and at 40 % relative humidity.

Does anyone have reason to believe that these conditions are unsuitable for
the formats listed as some of them are relatively new and have not been
tested in long term storage conditions.

Many thanks in advance, please feel free to contact me at the email below to
take a discussion off list.

Best regards
Seamus

Seamus O'Sullivan
Project Manager, I & A and Media Asset Management
Pacific Quay Project
*       0141 33 83768
*       0141 33 82417
*       07729 384 391
*       Room 3122, Broadcasting House, Queen Margaret Drive, Glasgow G12 8DG
*       mailto:seamus.osullivan@bbc.co.uk
*       www.bbc.co.uk

If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use,
copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify
the sender immediately. Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent
or received. Further communication will signify your consent to this.