Re: Organization of Photo Collections

To answer only part of your question (on item level control), we find that
people order individual items, not groups (at least not our groups).
Accordingly, we have had to fix each item with a number and then it goes
into the database. Where we have not done this, it proves very difficult
to keep track of which picture (say out of a group of twelve) the customer
is referring to.

   ---Terry

Terry Abraham   Special Collections, University of Idaho
<http://www.lib.uidaho.edu/special-collections/>