Food vs. professional archivists

OK, I"ll put my 2 cents in here.

Although the food messages were starting to get out of hand, I like an occasional diversion from "professional" topics.  It also makes me get to know some of you a little better.  If we were at the conference, would our conversations be strictly limited to archival topics?  No, we'd probably be talking about other stuff too.  That's how you get to know people.  The humor and casual talk show me that archivists are fun, approachable people.  I'm comfortable asking the "dumb" questions as well as referring new archivists to this list because I know that most people are helpful and approachable.  (I was on a list a number of years ago that had some snooty people and I dropped it because I didn't fee comfortable asking questions.)

Beth

Beth S. Harris,
Special Collections Management Librarian
Wyndham Robertson Library / Hollins University
POB 9000 / 7950 E. Campus Drive
Roanoke, VA  24020-1000
Phone: 540.362.6237 / Fax: 540.362.6756
Web:http://www.hollins.edu/academics/library/libtoc.htm