SAA Preservation Section Mid-year Election

To: Members of the Preservation Section, Society of American Archivists
From: Glenda Stevens, Nominating Committee
Date: August 26, 2002

Due to the resignation of our Chair, Anke Voss-Hubbard, our Vice Chair, Tom Clareson, has succeeded to the office of Chair.  It is necessary for us to hold a mid-term election to fill the office of Vice Chair.  The Nominating Committee invites your suggestion for nominees.  Please email them to g.stevens@tcu.edu <mailto:g.stevens@tcu.edu> by September 3, 2002.  A description of the position follows:

Vice Chair
The Vice Chair is elected as the Vice Chair/Chair Elect by the membership through a mail ballot and holds the position for one year. The responsibilities of the Vice Chair are as follows:

     Assist the Chair in carrying out the work of the Section.
     Preside over the Section business meeting at the SAA annual meeting in the absence of the Chair.
     Prepare minutes of the Section business meeting and Steering Committee meetings, and submit these to the newsletter editor after review by the Chair.
     Assist newsletter editor in soliciting material for Infinity.

Thank you for your participation.

Glenda B. Stevens
Senior Archivist
Mary Couts Burnett Library