Photographs for Archives Textbook

Hi everyone,

I'm putting the finishing touches on a second edition of my book, Developing and Maintaining Practical Archives (Neal-Schuman).

I'd like to illustrate the second edition with photographs of archival facilities and processes.  Do you have one or more photographs that you will permit me to publish in the book?  I'm looking for a wide range of photos, including:

*	Archival facilities:  shelving, storage rooms, research areas, exhibits, processing areas, conservation/preservation labs, reformatting (microfilm or digital)
*	Archival functions:  people involved in inventorying, appraisal, arrangement, description, reference and access, outreach, preservation, etc.
*	Different media:  examples of records on paper, digital media (magnetic and optical), and audiovisual media (photos, slides, film, videotape, etc.)
*	Different sizes and types of archival and manuscript repositories.  I'm interested in large and small archives, different types of archives (business, university, etc.), and geographical diversity
*	Photos from/of archival collections.  Unique examples of archival records, either archival photographs themselves or photos that you've taken of other types of records (like a photograph of a document)

Because of the short timeframe for production, it would be best if you could forward photos to me at the address below.  If we decide to use the photos, I'll forward a permission form required by the publisher.  I'd be happy to return the photographs, if you wish, but it certainly would simplify things if you would allow us to retain the photographs.

Thanks for your help.  I'm sure that the addition of photographs will improve the second edition.

Greg Hunter

Gregory S. Hunter, Ph.D.
Professor
Long Island University - C.W.Post Campus
720 Northern Boulevard
Brookville, NY  11548
516-299-2171
516-299-4168 (fax)