Participants can ask questions that arise as they read the chapter we’re working through, and others and I will respond. I will also post some of my own notes on each chapter.
I hope this will be helpful to participants; it will also be helpful to me to make sure I'm addressing the kinds of questions readers bring to the text.
Topics addressed might include some introductory matters such as:
- Origins of Greek Isaiah
- The translator
- Translation style (technique and tendencies)
- Transmission (including revisions)
- Reception (in the NT, Pseudepigrapha, fathers)
- Bibliographical information on secondary literature
- Physical description
- Text divisions
- Special vocabulary
- Peculiar translations
- Textual differences among the main editions and manuscripts
- Differences between the Greek and its Hebrew source
- Interpretations of the passage (quotations, allusions) in the NT and Church Fathers
- Bibliography of relevant secondary literature
- or whatever else might be of interest to participants and falls within the mandate of the B-Greek forum.