Stephen Hughes

Please introduce yourself here, if you haven't already.

Stephen Hughes

Postby Stephen Hughes » February 27th, 2013, 5:13 am

Hello fellow members,
This forum was recommended to me as a place to discuss various issues I have with the language.
I started reading Greek in my teens when I should have been paying attention to my high school studies. 30 years after my first contact with the language, I am still reading Greek regularly.
During the in between time, I have done a beginners New Testament Greek course at Sydney Missionary and Bible College. Several years later, I completed a Bachelor of Arts at Sydney University with a double major in Greek and Ancient Greek, then about 15 years ago, a Bachelor of Theology through the Sydney College of Divinity, where Theology, Patristics and Liturgics were taught in Greek. I can also hold my own with a number of other relevant ancient languages.
This last year and half, I have been reading widely and thinking a lot, to prepare for further study in NT Greek.
I look forward to participating in the forum and receiving the feedback of others who share my interest.
All the best,
Stephen Hughes
(ESL teacher, Mainland China)
- Mire sear stir ears art our players for are mourn Thor sore.
- Wart word sheer warned tore door tore more roar?
- Sheer word warned tore gore tore Bore stern, Ire sir pores.
- Mare Ire gore tore?
- Sure!
(How Mandarin from Northern China sounds to me)
Stephen Hughes

Re: Stephen Hughes

Postby Stephen Carlson » March 9th, 2013, 6:37 am

Welcome to the list! Feel free to propose questions for the Greek you encounter in your reading.
Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D. (Duke, New Testament)
Stephen Carlson

Return to Introductions