RE > Definitions/Tranlation

From: Karen Pitts (karen_pitts@maca.sarnoff.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 1995 - 21:25:18 EST

RE > Definitions/Tranlations Eph 1:2 12/12/95 10:26 AM

Rod:

You need something with paradigms listed and need to commit some of these to
memory (or work through an intro Greek text). UMIN and HMWN are basic
personal pronouns that everyone needs to know. I'll do it here from memory:

1st person pronoun (I, mine, me, we, our, us)
           sing. plural
nom. EGW HMEIS
gen. EMOU, MOU HMWN
dat. EMOI, MOI HMIN
acc. EME, ME HMEIS

2nd person pronoun (you, yours)
          sing. plural
nom. SU UMEIS
gen. SOU UMWN
dat. SOI UMIN
acc. SE UMEIS

Other things to look for are EIMI in all its forms, since it is also highly
irregular.

BIll Mounce (a member of this list) has an introduction to Biblical Greek,
which has been recommended by several others on this list, although I've not
used it. You can get a workbook to go with it which facilitates personal
study. I've seen it listed in CBD. I have Bill's Morphology of Biblical
Greek, which I've found very useful as well.

Peace.

Karen Pitts
Hopewell Presbyterian Church, Hopewell, NJ, teacher of NT Greek
David Sarnoff Research Center, Princeton, NJ, statistician
kpitts@sarnoff.com