Attic vs. Koine Greek...

From: JPDow (mathetes@castle.net)
Date: Sat Dec 06 1997 - 06:01:23 EST

Hello everyone,

Since someone today mentioned the study of Classical Greek as a
precursor to the study of the GNT, I thought I would ask the
following question.

Has anyone on this list studied both Attic and Koine Greek? If so, I
would appreciate it if you would give me an overview of the
differences between the two dialects.

I am curious about this because I am currently studying Attic Greek
(at the introductory level) at my college as a stepping-stone to
future study of the GNT, and it would be nice to know what kinds of
differences I can look forward to when I do get to the GNT.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy
mathetes@castle.net
WWW site: http://www.castle.net/~mathetes/index.html
"And we, too, being called by His will in Christ Jesus, are not justified
by ourselves, nor by our own wisdom, or understanding, or godliness, or
works which we have wrought in holiness of heart; but by that faith through
which, from the beginning, Almighty God has justified all men; to whom be
glory for ever and ever. Amen" (1 Clement 32.4).