Re: KAMIILON

From: Jonathan Robie (jonathan@texcel.no)
Date: Thu Feb 05 1998 - 09:03:10 EST

At 09:08 AM 2/5/98 GMT, Mark Goodacre wrote:

>I am delighted to see that someone else finds this funny. I often
>ask students whether they find sayings like this funny and they
>generally react with astonishment at the very idea that Jesus / the
>Gospels / the Bible could be funny. One said to me last year "It
>stands to reason that Jesus was not a comedian, doesn't it?"

Here's a good little book on the subject:

   Humor of Christ
   by Elton Trueblood
   Paperback, 128 pages
   Published by Harper San Francisco
   Publication date: July 1, 1979
   ISBN: 0060686324

I haven't read it in 20 years, but I really enjoyed it back then...

Jonathan

jonathan@texcel.no
Texcel Research
http://www.texcel.no