Romans 5:19 - DIKAIOI KATASTAQHSONTAI

From: Wes Williams (WesWilliams@usa.net)
Date: Fri Mar 13 1998 - 03:38:29 EST

In the scholarly commentary on KATASTAQHSONTAI at Romans 5:19, the general
postures are (1) that this is a true future, (2) that it is a "logical"
future due to the hWSPER - hOUTOS construction, (3) it can go either way
depending on one's understanding of Paul's argument.

DIKAIOI KATASTAQHSONTAI hOI POLLOI

I've always viewed it as a future but the "logical" future argument makes
sense from a synactical point of view. The problem is that I've never
encountered much reading on what a "logical" future is. Can someone please
elaborate?

Thanks,
Wes Williams

For just as through the disobedience of the one man many were constituted
sinners,
likewise also through the obedience of the one person many will be
constituted righteous.